Following Government advice on the coronavirus, we are now closed. Please do not visit us until further notice.
With apologies, but we are unable to receive visitors, answer the telephone or respond to email enquiries for the forseeable future.
We do still have access to our social media feeds so please contact us on Twitter and Facebook if you have an enquiry and we will do our best to help. See the links at the top and bottom of the web page to access our social media feeds.
We will aim to update our website and social media feeds as best we can as things change.
Please do not travel to us and adhere to official advice to protect yourselves and others: Public Health England
Before you set off to the Berkshire Record Office, please contact us to:
- Check that we have what you need for your research
- Book a seat
- Order any documents you need when you arrive
- Let us know of any special needs
Please also remember to bring with you:
- Your County Archive Research Network (CARN) card if it is in date or appropriate ID for a BRO day pass (click here for more information reader's tickets)
- A pencil and paper, or laptop, to take notes
- A camera if you wish to take photographs. Please see our Copying Services page for more details
- Any notes that you will need for your research
Please call on 0118 937 5132 or email via the online Contact Us form to make a booking.